Sunday, July 15, 2007

Americans for Legal Immigration Member Admits Her Bigotry

Click here to view a screenshot.

Quote from americangirl:

Here's another Un-PC post from me (I know I'm pushing my luck here...so this might get deleted by the mods).

Anyway, let's talk about bigotry for a minute. I've been called a "bigot" so many times, I've decided to expore it's meaning for a bit.

big·ot (bĭg'ət) Pronunciation Key
n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

I'm reading the above dictionary definition of the word "bigot", and I ask myself...."What's so wrong with being strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race or politics??"

Okay, in a democracy such as the United States, we are not supposed to form laws and policies that favor one group over another, but the actual fact is....we DO. Laws are voted on, and the largest number of votes decides. And when people are voting for or against a law or policy, they are basing their vote on their culture, beliefs, religion, politics, etc. So if a majority vote passes a law, then it stands to reason that the voters were all partial.

Does that make sense?? I'm trying not to ramble here.

Anyway, my point is that being a "bigot" isn't the terrible thing that people make it out to be. We're all bigots in one way or another. We're all partial to that which defines us....our language, our culture, our customs, our morals, our religion, our political beliefs, etc. And it's very very NATURAL to want to surround ourselves with like-minded people. It's UNNATURAL to feel comfortable around people who are vastly different from us. And although the radical liberals and all the illegal immigrants in this country would just love to see us all embrace "diversity" and "multi-culturalism", the truth is that diversity is an unnatural state (in my opinion). It's simply not natural to want to cohabitate and entwine ourselves in different cultures with people who do not share our language, values, customs, etc.

And when "multi-culturalism" and "diversity" are shoved down our throats by the bleeding-heart radical left and the illegals, if we reject it, then we're called bigots. Well, okay. I'll admit it then. I'm a bigot.

YES. I'm a bigot. And I'm not being sarcastic. I'm a bigot because I'm partial to the culture, customs, language, and moral values and politics that I've grown up with.

The very people who call us bigots are bigots themselves. They tell us we're guilty of bigotry because we will not embrace their different way of life. But can we not come back to them and call them bigots because they will not embrace our's???

The Hispanics who come to our country and show a profound preference for speaking Spanish, and for setting up communities rich in Hispanic culture, are indeed exhibiting bigotry and intolerance of the American language and culture. If they embraced diversity, if they were tolerant of another culture, then they would learn English and they would immerse themselves in the American culture. But they don't. Why? Because they are bigots.

So if people come here from foreign countries, solely to reep the rewards and opportunities that the U.S. can offer, DO THEY NOT OWE IT TO US TO ADOPT OUR CULTURE??

For foreigners (especially those here illegally) to accuse Americans of bigotry because we want to preserve our culture and language is just fine with me. It IS bigotry. But they spew this term out like it's some sort of horrid, despicable state of being. And honestly, I don't think it is.

The truth is, bigotry (being partial to one's way of life) is what defines us. And when the Hispanics throw their tantrums because they want to speak Spanish and remain immersed in their culture and way of life, they're just as biggotted as the rest of us.

Bigotry is part of nature. So go ahead and call me a bigot if you want to. It's not an insult. It's a fact.

ALIPAC

No comments: